WE’RE HIRING! Event & Social Media Coordinator (Independent Contractor)
Position Title: Event & Social Media Coordinator (Independent Contractor)
Duration: March 1, 2023 – September 30, 2023
Hours: Minimum of 20 hours a month spread out depending on programming and community needs. Flexible hours.
Compensation: $25/hour, 5 hours per week
Reports to: Socheat Tauch, CACO Chairman
The Cambodian-American Community of Oregon (សហគមន៍ខ្មែរអាមេរិចនៃរដ្ឋអូរីហ្គិន) was founded in 1989 to support Cambodian-American survivors and refugees of the Khmer Rouge. A 501(c)(3) registered non-profit in Oregon, CACO now supports the preservation of the Khmer language, Cambodian arts and culture, and history through community empowerment and volunteer-based organizing. CACO organizes and unites Cambodian-Americans and friends of the community in Oregon and S.W. Washington.
CACO is looking for an organized, task driven, and self motivated team player to assist in planning community-focused events and support digital engagement. As a part-time Event & Social Media Coordinator (Independent Contractor), you will focus on planning quarterly social hours aimed at bringing Khmer and Khmer-Americans together; providing support for our annual CACO Camping events, as well as other CACO-led events like Vancouver Lake, and Khmer Heritage Night; Develop and curate content on Facebook and Instagram; Interact and engage with our online Khmer community within our Facebook page and group; assist with digital paid-advertising; Analyze social media metrics and prodive a quarterly report.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Social Media:
- Write and curate content for Facebook and Instagram platforms
- Follow, interact, and monitor online communities (FB page and group); respond to comments, inquiries, etc.
- Develop social media calendar and optimize weekly postings
- Assist in managing social media paid-ad channels (FB Ads. boosting, etc) when needed
- Attend CACO events and produce live social media content (Stories, Reels, Live)
- Analyze monthly social media analytics and create recap report on key metrics
- Event Planning:
- Plan and organize quarterly CACO social hours, Summer Vancouver Lake Picnic, CACO camping weekend, Winter Khmer Heritage Night, and other CACO events as needed
- Liaise with vendors, suppliers, external stakeholders and book venue, photographer, performers, caters, etc. as needed
- Manage event set-up, take-down, and follow-up processes
- Record and maintain event budget and submit report/findings
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with Khmer culture and/or Southeast Asian communities in Portland / SW Washington
- Proficiency with social media platforms, HTML, content editing tools
- Experience in event planning or event coordination
- Excellent organizational, communication, negotiation, time management, and multitasking skills
- Experience working in a small team environment
Education & Experience:
- 1-2 years of marketing, communications, social media, and community organizing and/or event planning experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
- Experience with social media publishing tools (Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Later, etc.) and content creation tools (canva, adobe creative suite, etc.)
- Experience managing budgets and tracking purchase order, receipts, expenses, etc.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Read and write in Khmer
To be considered for this role, please sent CV to Socheat Tauch at email@example.com with the subject line “Event & Social Media Coordinator (Independent Contractor) Position.”
- S Prev
Got something to say?